Why Conduct a Board Appraisal?
A well-conducted board appraisal will achieve the
- Benchmark board performance against established best practice
- Reflect on the role of the board, its objectives and efficacy
- Create the opportunity to enhance board effectiveness
- Inform best practice for the recruitment and appointment of directors
- Identify future development needs
Why use a Third Party to Facilitate?
Independent facilitation lends objectivity to a board
appraisal. It provides a non-threatening medium through which directors can
provide frank input, enhancing the credibility of the appraisal process.
Why use the IoDSA?
What the IoDSA brings to the table:
- Almost 180 appraisals and seven years’ experience
- Facilitation for directors, by directors
- Broad experience in the private, public and non-profit sectors as well as other foreign entities
- Ability to benchmark performance against an extensive database of similar organisations
- Robust methodology based on King III
- Identification of director development training and action plans to address the board appraisal findings
What We Offer
We facilitate appraisals of the board as a collective, board committees, the chairman of the board, the company secretary and/or the individual directors.
Organisations could decide to evaluate all of the above components in the same year, or to use a staggered approach with various configurations based on a cost/benefit analysis.
The IoDSA has specifically tailored offerings to suit various budgets and entity types (including listed and large private companies, public sector, SME’s, Trusts and NPO’s)
Appraisal Services Contact
Appraisal Services Manager
Tel: 011 035 3000
Appraisal Services Administrator
Tel: 011 035 3000